Over the weekend

May 05, 2013

IMG_7866 IMG_7873 IMG_7875 IMG_7881 IMG_7885IMG_7889 IMG_7891 IMG_7892

This week we only had one day off together (yesterday) and it was COLD! Autumn is really getting into making it's way towards winter, already. Luckily I've just updated Violet's cold weather wardrobe so we are ready. It's Violet's 2nd birthday on Thursday and I am freaking out a little bit. Cold weather I am prepared for, having a 2 year old I am dragging my heels about. It's exciting too, of course, but wouldn't it be nice to say "actually, I'd like you to stay 1 for just a couple more months, don't care if I'm being selfish, thank you"? Rob has work and it's one of his late nights so we'll only be spending breakfast together but we will make it up with some family fun on the Sunday after. Her birthday party isn't until June 2nd (curses to illness causing us to have to cancel her May birthday party and all her friends born in April or May having dibs on the other dates we were able to have it!) so it will kind of be a very drawn out birthday. Not that she even really knows what it being her birthday means. We needed to pick her out a couple of presents and Rob really wanted to be the guy to do that. I'd already bought her big present and we had decided not to go nuts with her presents this year. So we went to The Walrus and The Carpenter toy shop on Nicholson Street, Carlton and he went in while I stayed with the sleeping babies in the car. We had agreed just one extra present, possibly something musical but sending in Rob was a bad idea. When it comes to Violet and toys he thinks he's got the strength to go in and get done but really as soon as he steps foot in a toy store he wants to buy her all of the things. All of them. And all of the ones they don't have too. Apparently he had the sense to put back the $125 xylophone (what the, so expensive, why?!?!) he was carrying up to the counter and just got her 3 small musical instrument toys. Two more than we had thought to get but they are small and not $125 each (still can't get over it!!).

IMG_7894 IMG_7900 IMG_7903 IMG_7913 IMG_7916

We also had to go to the Vic Markets for fruit and veggies. I love going to the market every week but Rob kind of hates it so we had this amazing plan that while I took Beatie to buy the produce he would take Violet to the awesome looking park we had spotted the week before that was literally across the road. As we were driving past though we realised that the park was gone. I mean, actually gone and just a pile of dirt and some construction barriers around the pile of dirt where last week there was play equipment. It was all a bit upsetting, especially for Rob who realised he would actually have to come to the market! We thought we had better honour our promise of slides on the way home so we went to this playground and had some fun. Even though I thought my feet were going to fall off because it was so cold and I wasn't wearing socks (13 C/55 F according to my iPhone). I think the remedy to cold weather is to run around a lot and if you ask Violet running is much more fun when you shout "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" while you do it, every time you do it, which is every time you move because there's no point in walking if you can run.

IMG_7917 IMG_7921 IMG_7938

We had Rob's brother and his girlfriend over for dinner, and ordered pizza because no one felt like cooking or cleaning up after on our only day together. Violet got to stay up late and entertained everyone with her dancing, and showing off. It's adorable how much she loves her uncle.

IMG_7943 IMG_7945 IMG_7947 IMG_7953

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day! (except for the fact that it was cold!) I always forget about the fact that your seasons are off from ours here in the states!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's pretty frustrating to see a bunch of seasonally inappropriate to me outfits on all the English and American blogs! So many pretty spring outfits and activities already! Xo

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful blog. Adore you photos! I'm a new follower on Bloglovin via the Blog hop! :) x

    Lemon-freckles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. OBSESSED with your style! Excited to keep following along!

    www.thetastefultillys.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely, thank you, what a day-making compliament!

      Delete
  4. These pictures are gorgeous! So glad I found your blog!

    Be sure to check out my sunglasses giveaway!
    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I found yours a little while ago. I'll check out your giveaway for sure

      Delete
  5. What beautiful pictures. Looks like you all had fun despite the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, they could CARE LESS about the weather if they see a park. Poor Mateo was so bundled up he could barely walk in the middle of Chicago winter but I still had to pry him away from the equipment (when I was afraid his little fingers would freeze). :) Isn't it funny...they just know it's THEIR zone.

    I like that you guys keep it simple. Especially here in the US (donno in Oz) people go crazy overboard, even for the little ones. At birthdays and Christmases there are piles higher than the children, ha. Of course I'm sure it's fun but we try to keep it to one special present. I just remember when I was a kid, we didn't get presents often and each one was soooo special. Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

    Your family is so adorable. I really love your style Hanna. I'm sure in a couple years Lulu and Beatie will be proudly pointing you out on the playground. That's my mama! ;)

    ...And now I feel like I need to go find an awesome lipstick. :) What shade are you wearing??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun weekend you stylin mama you! Visiting from The Link Up! :) You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos darling and i especially love the last one of you, Rob & Beatie! You should have it framed :)

    The weather in the uk has been getting a lot better and we had 3-4 days of hot weather. Now its gone back to being cold and raining all day!wah!

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...