Maternity wear- week 33

January 16, 2013

IMG_6578
IMG_6582
IMG_6592
IMG_6620
IMG_6629
IMG_6639
IMG_6640
IMG_6651
IMG_6653
IMG_6662
IMG_6666
IMG_6669
IMG_6678

Me-
dress: vintage from Retrostar (Melbourne CBD)//rings: my engagement ring and my mother's engagement ring- both vintage//shoes: Saltwater sandals from

Gidget



Violet: dress: My Little Lotus (

Facebook page for info on where she is selling

)//shoes: Milkshake from Myer (Melbourne CBD).


This week I officially felt like I had nothing to wear, last pregnancy as I came to the last 6 or 7 weeks the weather was cooling down and I found a lot of long sleeved dresses and shirts in my wardrobe that fit over my belly. Today is forecast to be 39 degrees (that's 102.2F) and there is no way long sleeves are on the cards. In fact, you might find me sitting in the freezer for most of the day. So I had to go shopping. I managed to find several dresses that will fit now AND after baby (though breastfeeding may prevent me from wearing some of them for a long while after) from a vintage store called Retrostar in the city.

This week I have started becoming more clumsy, I fell down the stairs 1.5 times in 2 days (nothing serious and no falling on my belly) and have just been generally unsteady on my feet. I'm also finding that walking for longer than 15 mins leaves my pelvis and thighs feeling bruised. Last pregnancy I walked to and from work every day until a week before giving birth with no pain whatsoever. On the other hand, my back hurts less (it still hurts Rob, please rub it for me)! I had a checkup appointment at the hospital on Monday and was pleased to discover that the baby has grown extra over the last month and is now measuring what it's "supposed" to be measuring.

Food cravings are starting to feel like addiction cravings. The last couple of days I've been craving passionfruit and I swear, I feel like clawing my way out of my own skin if I can't get my hands on it when I decide I need to have some. Other cravings include danish feta, tomato and balsamic vinegar salad, watermelon, tinned spaghetti with cheese and raspberry Splits. I can't believe that I haven't had one single orange or citrus craving yet, I practically lived on orange juice and oranges last pregnancy.

Surprisingly, I've been slightly less tired this week. Maybe because I've been diligent about taking ALL my vitamins every single day. Actually, of course that's it, stupid. Violet and I have been spending time at the swimming pool which is a great activity for a heavily pregnant mum of a toddler. As long as I don't let her climb out of the pool too often it's great because she can't get away very fast and I'm practically weightless. Her favourite 'trick' at the moment is running away so that we will chase her. She thinks being chased is the funnest thing ever and I agree..when Daddy has to go after her! The pool also tires her out big time which makes nap time more pleasant for all. We love the Clifton Hill pool because it's all indoors, has a great toddler pool and is near Rob's work so we can visit Daddy before or after our swim!

My patience is still pretty thin if I don't keep myself in constant check, largely because we haven't gotten around to baby proofing the new house properly yet (Violet couldn't open most of the cupboards at our old house and all the drawers were too high so we never had to) and while nothing dangerous is in reach she's now extremely into opening and unpacking the freezer as well as all of the utensils in the drawers within her reach. Cleaning up those messes several times a day really grinds my gears (probably because bending down is hard). Baby proofing is definitely happening this weekend but in the mean time, I read

THIS ARTICLE

this morning and intend to try to use it to keep calm and be more empathetic. Especially this week as Violet is exercising her new found love of the word "NO!" to the EXTREME, even for things she loves, like fruit and the park, just because having an opinion is new and awesome for her.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, my! You are so gorgeous--all belly! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy :)

    Jessinia
    Sea Glass and Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look amazing!!
    And please be careful! I wish you patience and more patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress, it suits you very well. Sorry to read that you fell. I once read an article that says choose your battles when it comes to toddlers many tantrums and busy untiring your house. A friend told me that she allowed her daughter one cupboard that she could play with. Hopefully Violet can have one special cupboard.

    Have a blessed rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  5. just discovered your blog through the pleated poppy and would love to follow each other! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing! That outfit is gorgeous, I wish I'd looked so good pregnant!
    And, I'm totally with the NO frustration. We're going through the same at the moment.
    Hope you have a good, restful weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you are a beautiful PG lady. REally you can pull that look off! I found you on Thirsty Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing! I hope i look as stunning as you do when i get pregnant :) Beautiful little lady too.

    I got recommend your blog by my best friend Keri-Anne (Gingerlillytea)and im so glad i came over to look. Love everything.

    Lulu xx

    http://luluslittlewonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I found you on aloha blog hop. What lovely photos. I was very clumsy and forgetful with my pregnancies - I almost went to work in my slippers! You can find me at www.lookingasuare.blogspot.co.uk

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pictures! Your dress is awesome too! I love vintage stuff!

    following from the mommy brain mixer, feel free to stop by and follow back!
    http://thoughtsoffluff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is SO pretty--and you look so pretty in it! Visiting via the Mommy Brain Mixer and hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes well :)
    Meredith
    www.themomoftheyear.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, you look absolutely radiant, hun. Congrats on your new youngling on the way :)

    xo, Adriana @ Horses of Ares.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you and your little girl are simply gorgeous!! enjoy these last weeks before baby! new follower of your blog xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. My first and favourite word was 'no', I think it drove my parents insane! Lovely photos of the two of you together :)

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved these photos! You look gorgeous for being so close to your date! Your little girl is beautiful too. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Hang in there, it'll be over before you know it.

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...